E-Commerce Operations Manager - Business Development Accelerator
- Undergraduate degree required with a strong record of academic achievement
- 4+ years of e-commerce operation and management experience on major e-commerce platforms, such as Tmall, JD, Pinduoduo; Ideally 2+ years of operation experience of TM flagship store.
- 1+ year of experience in leading end-to-end e-commerce store operation. Experience in new brand/store launch is preferred.
- Hands-on experience and solid operation knowledge in order to help client build e-commerce operation capability, including but not limit to SKU building and selection, campaign planning and management, vendor management, and platform partnership.
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth and subsequently take a leadership role in exploring new ideas
- Proven experience in applying well-developed problem solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Strong passion in creating impact and building relationships with clients
- Solid track record in leading and developing a capable team to deliver results
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and Mandarin
- Comfort with extensive travel
Who You'll Work With
You’ll be based in Shanghai and will work as part of our newly established group, Business Development Accelerator (BDA). The mission of this group is to help business leaders build transformative businesses, including new business prototyping and launching, business transformation, etc. BDA works with companies that are facing critical transformative moment and need executional and operational level assistance, including but not limited to MNCs, conglomerates as well as segment leaders.
BDA leverages a broad base talent network with highly-relevant experience , provides continuous, distinctive support to our clients to ensure they achieve the best business performance. Our consultants are involved from strategy through execution with a disciplined eye on impact and sustainability at every stage of the project life-cycle.
Working at BDA means career acceleration, entrepreneurship, and professional development. An executive’s ability to lead through change and to obtain measurable results within a team are skills that are very much in demand, and therefore valued. BDA acts as an exceptional “transformation academy” given the diversity and the level of issues at stakes of interventions. Experience in BDA will cultivate central capabilities and hence accelerate career development in an operational executive’s role. BDA combines the advantages of a “start-up” - light hierarchy, autonomy, freedom of expression and initiative – and those of a large group – available resources to develop one’s projects.
What You'll Do
You will work in small teams with colleagues and clients to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver both top-line and bottom-line results and ensure those results will be sustained.
Our work is about coaching others to achieve success in implementing new approaches and delivering lasting outcomes. In this role you'll have the opportunity to manage projects and progress with minimal supervision, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership. Additionally, you'll develop practical recommendations and contribute to team discussions on implications of analysis; identifying implementation challenges.
You'll work alongside the client’s staff on each project, assisting with different work streams. This could include facilitating working sessions with front-line and supervisors, connecting with and motivating the client team, or developing skills of McKinsey or client team members when appropriate, principally through coaching. You'll also solicit feedback from team members to develop your own skills. Common traits of those successful in this role are leadership, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, and the ability to work with people across all levels in an organization.