Event Manager Benelux Chamber of Commerce
Business professional with excellent organizational skilles, talented in building relations with people and companies in the business community relating to Benelux and China. Passionate in planning events that all can remember with an attentive eye to details.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Event Manager with a “can-do” attitude to manage the ongoing events of BenCham. The function serves the purpose of planning events from start to finish, including/according to requirements, target audience and objectives.
Your creativity and organizational skills will allow the development of events aiming to share value-driven content for our community, therefore serving the chamber’s main objective and support the development of BenCham as “the place to be”.
Being on the front line at each event, you will be representing BenCham towards many stakeholders; therefore, your excellent presentation and interpersonal skills will reinforce our member’s relationship and represent our organization’s image.
Events will mostly be led in English; however, the position also requires to develop events towards the Chinese audience of our membership.
- Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives;
- Come up with ideas and suggestions to make events more successful;
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers;
- Coordinate event’s operations;
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur;
- Prepare events budget and ensure adherence to budget (work closely with finance manager on this topic);
- Design and create events material;
- Manage the yearly events portfolio;
- Organize events aligned with the business strategy;
- Attend events and get to know the Community personally;
- Updating General Manager on status of events on a weekly basis;
- Ensure all events are compliant.
- Bachelor or master Degree in marketing, hospitality management or related fields;
- At least 5 years of work experience in an international environment;
- Strong computer skills required (MS Office, Photoshop);
- Strong affiliation to the Benelux;
- Language skills in one or more of the Benelux languages and excellent command of English. Mandarin is an advantage;
- Outgoing personality, excellent social and interpersonal skills, solid organizational skills;
- Full commitment to BenCham and its members;
- Good understanding of the Benelux and the Chinese business environment and a broad economic interest and understanding of the relations between the Benelux and China;
- Self-motivating and able to work independently;
- No “9 to 5” mentality.
Please send your resume and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 24thof April.