General Manager - The Benelux Chamber of Commerce, East China Chapter
The Benelux Chamber is an independent non-profit member organization and the only Chamber of Commerce that is recognized and supported by the Embassy of the Kingdom of Belgium, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and the Embassy of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg in China. The Benelux Chamber has three chapters in China: Shanghai, Beijing and Pearl River Delta.
The Benelux Chamber is a business community that creates opportunities to maximize benefits for organizations and professionals to succeed and lead in China. We are constantly working to strengthen:
- Connect: Get connected to relevant people and organizations to create opportunities to succeed and lead in China.
- Community: Be part of a tight-knit community to exchange knowledge and experiences with peers in all fields of industries.
- Content: Join content driven events on a variety of topics, which enable you to stay current on trends and changes.
- China: Enhances the collaboration with China and with Chinese partners to provide the latest outlook on changes and challenges and opportunities for cooperation
We do this for the Benelux companies and nationals in China and for Chinese companies and executives with a link to the Benelux.
GENERAL MANAGER, East China chapter
Business professional talented in building relations with people, companies, diplomatic corps, and government agencies in the business community relating to Benelux and China; with excellent leadership and management skills; very well motivated and well connected.
To manage, promote, further develop and grow the Chamber. This includes the organization of content-driven seminars and matchmaking opportunities, information and experience sharing and strengthening the Benelux business community in Shanghai. These activities are accomplished in close collaboration with the Consulates General of the three countries, the Benelux business community (at large) in China and abroad and with local institutions and other Chambers of Commerce.
To strengthen the 4Cs (Connect, Community, Content & China) and strongly expand the 4Cs to Chinese execs and companies.
- Manage, promote, further develop and grow the Benelux Chamber in member- and sponsorships.
- Leadership, management and motivation of the Benelux Chamber office team.
- Develop and maintain sustainable and amicable relationships with all stakeholders, including members, other Benelux Chamber chapters in China, local governmental institutions, international chambers (both in China and abroad) as well as the Consulates General of the Benelux countries;
- Budget and P&L accountability
- Development and implementation of strategies and projects in collaboration with the ExCom, Board of Directors and the various committees;
- Identify business opportunities and help members to develop, succeed and lead.
- Organize events, seminars and workshops.
Reporting to the Board of Directors:
The General Manager shall organize monthly ExCom (Executive Committee of the Board of Directors) meetings to review the Chamber’s operation and to report on the outcome and execution of aforementioned duties to the ExCom, led by the Chamber’s Chairman. In addition, four times a year, the GM will organize a meeting to report to the complete Board of Directors.
- Bachelor or Master degree, by education or experience.
- More than 8 years of work experience in an international business environment, with at least 3 years in a management role.
- Self-driven, independent, result-oriented, solid organizational skills.
- Strong affiliation to the Benelux; Language skills in one or more of the Benelux languages and excellent command of English. Mandarin is an advantage;
- Outgoing personality, excellent social and interpersonal skills, pro-active communicator. Affinity with diplomacy.
- Good understanding of the Benelux and the Chinese business environment and a broad interest and understanding of the relations between the Benelux and China.
To apply please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline for application is June 5.