Vaccines updates for foreigners in China: Fosun/BioNTech COVID-19 & Chinese vaccines
Dear members and friends,
We have released on February 1st 2021 a survey to register the Benelux community Fosun/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine’s intentions.
Thank you to all of you who have registered to this listing, we have received many requests about the status of the Fosun/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine (also known as the Pfizer/BioNTech's mRNA vaccine). We continue our talks with Fosun Pharma on a possible cooperation regarding the distribution of this vaccine in China. As for the time being, the approval process is still ongoing since Fosun Pharma needs to work together with BNT and Pfizer to submit the Phase III data to NMPA (National Medical Products Administration). They still cannot guarantee that the vaccine will be available in China.
They expect final approval within the next months. The first batch of 1 million doses of the Fosun/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine to Hong Kong has been delayed but is expected to make its way from Germany to Hong Kong in the next few days. Fosun Pharma is planning to expand the scope to mainland China upon approval. The Benelux Chamber is constantly monitoring the development.
On the other hand, you have been informed by Chinese, Belgian, Dutch and Luxembourgish authorities and on the Benelux Chamber dedicated channel that you can now register as a foreigner to get a Chinese vaccine:
- You can book your appointment for your shots at official centers on the district of your choice;
- The system is highly solicited: expect delays and some technical glitches while using the mini-program for booking;
- Some districts are more crowded than other. Be strategic while choosing the district. If you want to change your appointment for a less busy district, don’t forget to cancel your first registration;
- Age: for the moment 18-60yo. We’ve seen some exceptions (from 16yo and up to 65yo);
- Count around 2 to 3 weeks for second shot (with the same busy schedule problem);
- This shot will:
a. Protect you against contamination;
b. Allow to travel back and forth to China without a PU letter. This doesn’t apply for dependent (child with no vaccine for example, not clear about spouses).
Here is the official link to book
your shots at a vaccine center
For any question, please contact us at: email@example.com
The Benelux Chamber of Commerce
The purpose of this communication is to inform only.
The Chamber cannot guarantee the fee/ the vaccination agenda/vaccine recognition (e.g., “Covid19 immunity passport”).
This information does not replace professional medical advice, or treatment.
If you have questions about a medical condition, always seek the advice of a doctor or a qualified health professional.
You may find more information about the vaccine on this link.