Waste2Wear is a fast-growing environmentally innovative European company with the focus on sustainable textile products. We produce fabrics and textile products from recycled plastics (rPET & rPP) since 2008.
We employ 50 employees, covering almost 20 nationalities and have offices in nine countries around the world.
Now we are looking for a General Manager to join our Shanghai-based team. The General Manager will be responsible for:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to establish and maintain a competitive, profitable, growing organization, include but not limited to all financial, and operating systems and oversee the development and achievement of an annual business plan.
- Build robust, disciplined processes throughout the operation. Develop cross functional teams to solve business issues.
- Maintain effective supply chain to maintain acceptable levels of customer satisfaction and working capital.
- Attract, develop and retain top energetic and creative personnel to sustain a profitable competitive organization.
- Proactively grow the business in China by developing new clients via various channels such as wholesale, retailer, e-commerce, or other key accounts etc.;
- Analyze the current business, make changes when needed in order to improve efficiency of business for current clients by responding to their needs in a timely manner;
- Maintain positive relationships with all customers, especially with the Key Accounts;
- Work closely with headquarters and generate reports to headquarters on a regular basis;
- Build a strong team which must act by aligning with the company’s culture;
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 15 years operations management experience with 10 years of general management experience covering multiple disciplines, including operations, finance, sourcing and development, administration, and human resources, background in the recycled textiles industry would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or above, MBA is a plus.
- Strategy thinking, good sense of business analysis, able to initiate the strategy plan and lead to execute it.
- Self-driving, strong in analytical thinking, conceptual thinking and problem-solving, sensitivity in cross culture communication;
- Positive attitude, proactive, responsible, passionate with high team spirits and strong business acumen.
- Excellent communicator with strong people skills, networking and politicking skills.
- Multitask and manage various project elements simultaneously.
- Able to diagnose problems, consider in different perspectives and make objective decisions considering various alternatives.
- Able to anticipate, prioritize, delegate, monitor work activities.
- Fluent Chinese and English (both writing and speaking).
- Able to work effectively with multinational team under pressure and handle time difference.
- Excellent knowledge of the Office package.
What we offer:
- To be part of an exciting fast-growing company in sustainability textiles with a Global team and circular economy.
- To have the opportunity to learn how to work with Blockchain technology in innovative projects.
- A great working environment with opportunities for growth.
- Annual leave and competitive salary.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in applying for the position of General Manager, please submit your application by emailing email@example.com